Monday, July 28, 2008

All in the family...

In other recent pattern news...
I'm finally getting around to posting a finished pic of the bulky jacket (Girls' Smocked Coat) I did for Blue Sky Alpacas- I think it turned out pretty cute, if I may say so myself (I've got some pink to make my little M one this fall...) The collar wanted to curl a little, but some good 'I mean business' blocking helped tame it. Cute models can really make just about anything look good, combine a cute model and a cute coat made from Blue Sky Alpacas' scrumptious Bulky (check out the new colors), and, well, there ya go!



My sister managed to crank out this georgous thing, knit up in 100% baby alpaca, Melange (so incredibly soft!) and adorned with that fabulous trim- the photo shoot turned out great! Oh, and take a peak at CathiPink's version in Relish... lovely, n'est pas?


And in the 'oh-my-goodness' (stop, remember to breathe...) 'that is sooo georgous!' catergory is our mother's latest piece-de-resistance- The Audrey Coat-

I've worn this coat, and (when I'm not pregnant) my frame is prety close to the frame of this lovely model, and, well, I think I seriously NEED to make, to own, and to wear one of these... seriously, litrally, for real, even... It takes a lot of yarn, but the weight and drape of that Sport Weight doubled is sooo loverly, it's not heavy like it would be knit up out of a worsted weight to achieve the same gauge... Um, yeah, I need one of these coats, move it up the 'must-knit' list...

We haven't managed to coerce the other sister, the baby sister, to pick the needles back up, and catch the plague, er, um, fever, yet- but she's keeping busy with working some and mommying a lot to this little bugger- my first nephew! Couldn't you just squeeze him?! Cute stuff!



TDFKAL2008 final update- my cardigan was my major accomplishment, with my 2nd project, my Loppem, only half-done... and a sock half done... the kitting ADD got me off course a wee bit... oh, and the 2 dolly sweaters, and that other unfinished sock, and the swatching for new designs... each project getting a minute of my time here and there as I lost my focus after the initial project completion euphoria... so there you have it, good enough, eh? At least I got something crossed off my summer list! (Congratulatory self-patt-on-the-back)

And that brings us to the next adventure... more on Team BSA to come (including a little competition, worthy of medal-type prizes!)

Happy knitting-
ali

Labels: , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger a friend to knit with said...

ali! you are one talented family!!!
i want to make all of those!!! they are totally fabulous.

7/29/2008 7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you guys are amazing! So many creative gals in one family.

7/29/2008 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the Audrey coat, too!

7/29/2008 3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you certainly set high goals...and seem to accomplish them...such talent-you are all blessed..lovely post...and thanks for coming to t does wool...please stop again!

7/29/2008 4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wha?! For reals?! Those are incredible one and all. Very talented family indeed! But what I love most? The little elbow patch sweater on your nephew. So cute! I can't wait to see what else you've got in store for us!

7/29/2008 5:08 PM  
Blogger Kendra Fletcher said...

Ali-

That coat! Stunning! If I had your figure, I'd knit one, too. So do it on behalf of those of us who are short, have no waist, and have birthed a lot of babies :)

~Kendra

7/29/2008 5:48 PM  
Blogger raining sheep said...

Wow! what a family. That sweater coat is fabulous. I saw it in an ad in Selvedge magazine and decided I absolutely, definitely wanting to make that. I am knitting a sweater coat out of the sport weight right now and it is a wonderful yarn and yes, the weight of it makes it drape beautifully.

7/30/2008 8:50 AM  
Blogger Karen S, Lykkefanten said...

wow, you make a pretty hefty knitting family!!!
(hmm, thinking that I might need to make both the cardigan and the coat)...

7/30/2008 2:13 PM  
Blogger psalm127 said...

Oh Wow those all look so yummy I don't think I would have time in my life time to knit all that. I guess I slow. But oh they look so good

7/30/2008 5:11 PM  
Blogger Dove Knits said...

Oh, so you're all obnoxiously talented. Got it!

Seriously, though, everythign is fantastic. I love the child's coat, and if I were a little thinner and less hippy, I'd be casting on for the audrey coat already. The cardigan caught my eye in the last IK, and I thought it was just fantastic.

8/18/2008 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails