Thursday, June 12, 2008

More Prizes to Boot, and a Quick FO


More prizes anyone? Nichole D, of Saving Nine, has graciously (and generously!) offered to add a set of her adorable, handmade, knitting needle earrings (from her etsy shop- check it out) to the prizes for the Summer Knitting Goals 2008 Contest! I'm very excited about this! (Thanks again, Nichole!!)
Nichole will custom make a pair, in the needle size the winner chooses, or if you don't have pierced ears, you may pick a key ring and a set of stitch markers! (I actually have a conscience and have decided that it would be very, very wrong of me to rig things to win my own contest... but... how cute are those?!)

In recent knitting news- I am working on a new sample of one of Blue Sky Alpacas latest (coming soon to a yarn shop near you) patterns. It's a sweet little Kid's Pullover, designed by Wendy Bernard, using the new Skinny Dyed cotton. It's got some fun style and flair, with a sailor-like collar and some colorwork- just enough to be fun! I love colorwork, but I know that many knitters are a wee bit intimidated by colorwork. This pattern would make a great first attempt at colorwork. For one thing, it's a kid item, less knitting, period. For another thing, there really isn't very much colorwork- just enough to get some practice and experience. It's fun stuff- try it, you just may like it.


The one I'm working on contains much more pink... real pics soon...

Well, even though I am on a deadline to get this sample made, I pulled one of my famous 'stop in the middle of whatever it is you're doing, and start another project' moves last night and cast on for the new Baby Bobbi Bear Sweater- that was around 8:55pm, and I was weaving in ends at 9:55pm. How's that for instant gratification?

We were at my sister's place a couple weeks back and I noticed that her Baby Bobbi Bear was sporting an adorable bulky sweater. Cute stuff. She made it up on the fly one night while feeling a bit restless, and hey, now it's a freebie pattern on Blue Sky's website!


My 3 yr old decided that her bear must be cold (because how could a bear without a sweater be warm?) and therefore must need a sweater of it's own. Voila! Her bear can now sweat with the rest of us as the muggy Minnesota summer heat finally moves in... (along with our savage mosquitos, seriously, we may as well live in swampy woodlands...)


It's hard to pose this guy... but we had fun trying!


You want to make one now, don't you?

Happy knitting-
ali

5 Comments:

Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Great prize! I won last year, so I'm not going to participate this year. Though I have been spreading the word of your contest!

6/12/2008 9:47 PM  
Blogger km said...

That Blue Sky sweater is adorable. These things are killing me. I don't know that it's ever cold enough for my kids to wear sweaters here. My boy tried to wear shorts clear through the year. And except for days when I made them wear pants they did just that. I'm going to have to post my goals or it will be easy to stray.

6/12/2008 10:03 PM  
Blogger Nichole D. said...

Squee! I'm excited to be giving a prize, I'm glad you're excited, too!

The wee bear is too friggin' cute. I do need to make one.

6/13/2008 8:11 AM  
Blogger psalm127 said...

I sure wish we had a local yarn store here that carried Blue Sky Alpac yarn and patterns. we just recently got a real yarn store a few months back, other than that it is Joann or Walmart. I order things online but nothing beats fondling the yarn first. Now I just need to find an online store that sells Blue Sky Alpaca

6/13/2008 6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gosh you are a busy girl!

I am just introducing myself. I am the Team Quickstep leader in the Tour de France KAL and I shall be following and blogging your progress.

Have fun!

6/16/2008 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails