Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Time, Aging, and Knitting


I just said goodnight to my 8 yr old for the last time- for tomorrow he awakes a whopping 9 yrs old. My how time flies...

(8 yr old took this picture!)



I cast on the first of my Retro Rib Socks on the first day of summer, in hopes of finishing the pair by July 4th- the deadline for the first bi-weekly prize drawing in the Summer of Socks 2008 sock-stravaganza- I just finished sock number 1. My how time flies...


Tomorrow is Wednesday, the half-way point in the week my husband took off for a 'stay-cation'- and there is still so much to do around here that we'd hoped to get to this week. My how time flies...


I'm due in 14 weeks, haven't knit a single baby thing, have hardly any boy clothes left (got rid of most of them after 4 girls in a row...), and am in need of a new crib. My how time flies...


I could go on and on, but time keeps flying while I keep thinking about it. I have a collar to finish, some ice cream to eat, a book to read, and a body to rest, while time flies...


Have a wonderful 4th of July!


Happy knitting-

ali

Oh, and I might need this shirt soon, or maybe the bag... too clever by far-love it!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am due in 12 weeks and haven't knit a single baby stitch either. I need to get on it! I also want to knit myself some socks to wear after the baby is born. However, since I am such a slow sock knitter, I should just make it my newborn nursing project :)
Happy birthday to your big boy!

7/01/2008 11:51 PM  
Blogger km said...

The other day I saw my oldest in my shoes...and his feet are getting sooooo big. It won't be long until he's bigger than me. And it seems like just yesterday we brought him home from the hospital. You're right. Time flys. Happy #9 Birthday!

7/02/2008 8:25 AM  
Blogger YarnThing said...

Okay, Ali, I have SO many little girl clothes if you need them say the word and I will send them off ot you. My Daughter is turning 6 today and she is my only little girl. SO, needless to say DH would be thrilled to have his garage back (meaning, get rid of the clothes in boxes). Even if you just need a few PLEASE let me know!

I know the last few weeks are the hardest. Hang in there ;-)

xoxoxox
Marly

7/02/2008 9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your 9 year old!

7/03/2008 2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya Alli, hope you're ok. I was just wondering what your knitting/crochet plans were for the Tour de France KAL?

Ang

7/04/2008 12:28 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

ahhh! happy birthday to your big guy! what a photographer!!!!
everything will be taken care of....somehow it all will get done.
happy 4th!

7/04/2008 5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails