Friday, December 14, 2007

12 Tiny Sweaters

I'll post real knitting progress very soon, but I just had to share this-

I haven't even used their yarn, but I do subscribe to Berroco's newsletter, "KnitBits". I have been inspired by a couple free patterns (like Valpuri), and was tickled to see these in my inbox this morning. I think they are just too cute! We don't decorate christmas trees here (we actually don't celebrate christmas at all other than enjoying the fact that my husband has the day off of work!), but can't you just picture a tiny little sweater garland sweetly hung on the fireplace mantel for a simple winter decoration? I can! I've been stalling on taking down our fall decor, partly because I found some really great squash and pumpkins from Smith & Hawken on clearance at Target (before holloween, even!) and partly because I was hoping to come up with something other than snowflakes for winter decor; so now between these tiny sweaters and the mitten garland I was inspired by the other day, I should be able to craft up some decent decor for this season! Even if I don't get enough made for a garland, how about a tiny attatchment to a card sent to a knitting friend? Totally.

Who wouldn't enjoy practicing cables on this sweet thing?


How about a little colorwork?


Sweet embellishments?


Aren't they just the cutest? The sleeves on my husband's sweater may just have to wait another day... I may have found a new distraction...

You can find the pdf instructions for these cuties here. Have fun!

Happy knitting-

ali

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Felicia said...

Wow, those are adorable :)

12/14/2007 11:41 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Thank you SO much for that link Ali, those sweaters are too darn cute!!

12/14/2007 7:29 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Those are soooo cute! And I like your idea of a sweater garland even better than tree ornaments.

12/14/2007 8:00 PM  
Blogger Ilix said...

Totally agree with you there! I think that I may make them my January project, so I can get a bit done and still be okay for Christmas gift knitting next year without worrying about the ornament sweaters!

12/16/2007 4:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These are so cute. I will have to make them for next years ornaments.


http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/midwifemom/

12/16/2007 9:14 AM  
Blogger Traci said...

oh how cute! and great idea about making it into a garland. so, how many have you done/finished? let's see the pics girl!
;)

1/18/2008 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails