Saturday, December 01, 2007

Husband's Sweater- Day 4/Skein 3

Well, that immune system pumping up came none too soon. Husband called yesterday- he was on his way home and he was violently ill... As horrible as it is, I really hope it was food poisoning, and not a stomach bug, as the latter would be so very unpleasant with 6 children to pass through. The knitting was set down, the disinfectants came out and the laundry got underway... and well, I was too distracted so much of the night to pick the knitting back up- so I didn't get through skein 3 on day 3. I did, however, enjoy much blog reading and blog hopping, discovering several blogs new to me... a girl could loose a whole lot of time that way...

Despite working my husband's sweater in the round to avoid that time gap I mentioned a couple posts back, I did manage to find a way to exercise a little ADD and stop by the sewing machine to finish a little person skirt that I started way too long ago (notice the springlike fabric...) I even went so far as to add a few stripes of rick rack to this one. Quite the pleasing extra touch. I think it would be good to note that when working with rick rack, one should pin it firmly in place, as it tends to get pushed around a bit by the presser foot; at least this tiny stuff did. I was trying to get by with as little effort as possible, which, I should learn, usually ends up causing more frustration than I would've experienced if I would have done it right in the first place... what is it 'they' say? If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it again?

So skein #3 (of 11) did end up finished a day later... I never actually stood a chance of maintaining that skein a day rate... and the sweater is a bit over half-way to the armholes. My husband held it up and pointed out the fact that there was still quite a long way to go. I sweetly informed him that it was not every knitting wife that would knit that much in 4 days... Such single-ness of knitting mind is not usually my way. Yes, there was the sewing distraction, but I often sit with 2 or 3 current works-in-progress within reach, switching between them randomly. I don't think he realizes the devotion it displays for me to knit on this one thing for 4 days... yet. I'm sure he'll realize soon... I'll make sure he realizes soon... (Love you, dearest!)


We had our first big bad snow today! Church has been cancelled for tomorrow morning, hence the late night, and the sleeping in to follow... Not sure how much knitting will be done tomorrow, nor am I sure that all of the knitting that does get done will be on that sweater...

Good night, and happy knitting-

ali

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Sylvia said...

I'm enjoying the lovely view of the new snow out our window. One thing it provides is a greater possibility of a skein-a-day knitting projects. I'm trying to get through the 4th on my gathered pullover. Totally excited about that one. Then I'll pin my hubby down on a color for that fabulous ribbed sweater! Happy knitting!

12/02/2007 9:54 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Hope you are enjoying your snow, you lucky ducks;) And hope the hubby is feeling better soon!

12/02/2007 2:03 PM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

That sweater is going to be fantastic! So of course that's another reason he's so anxious to wear it. But I hope the feel of the yarn is making up for the yards & yards of dark (monotonous) color. Happy knitting!

12/03/2007 10:58 AM  
Blogger Fiber Chic said...

I hope your husband feels better! Have fun in the snow--where we are, we didn't get much, then it all melted :(

12/03/2007 4:30 PM  
Blogger psalm127 said...

Great skirt. I need to cut out some for me and the girls. The sweater is going to be wonderful. I love how I love the Alpaca yarn. I met a lady who has Alpacas and spins her own yarn. She is teaching me how to spin. I bought a wheel last month. If I ever get any good at it she will make a deal with me so I can get some of her Alpaca fiber to spin. It is so soft. If I could afford it I would be buying all of what Blue Sky sells.

12/03/2007 6:17 PM  
Blogger Sylvia said...

I love the tiny fingers in the left of the last picture.

12/03/2007 7:49 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

I hope hubby gets better and everyone else stays healthy. The sweater looks great. I still say you're making remarkable speed.

12/05/2007 1:28 PM  
Blogger Serena Smith said...

Ali, you are the winner of the purple wedgie bag giveaway on my blog. Email me your mailing address and I will get it in the mail to you!

What a wonderful blog you have!!!

12/12/2007 11:33 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Ali, you are so ambitious! Good for you. What a darling little skirt--and that's going to be a great sweater. On the rare occasions that I focus on one project, I'm always amazed at how much faster my knitting goes than I thought it would. Funny, huh! ;)

12/14/2007 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails