Thursday, July 05, 2007

Summer of Socks '07: Sock 1 Done

Well, I may not be off to the fastest start, but seeing as I forgot I had even signed up for this knit-along event I guess the fact that I got off to any start at all is enough reason for a little self-congratulatory pat on the back...

My first SoS sock took me 8 days... I came home from the second week of my sock class (on the evening of June 21st) and cast on. I then spent the week dividing my time between my 2 socks- my non-SoS sock-class sock (which, sadly, cannot count towards my SoS total as it was cast on a week prematurely, (whining) if only the class had started on the 21st instead of the 14th...), and my 1st real SoS sock- a simple garter rib sock in Trekking XXL (color #108). Over those 7 days, both socks were knit to the toe shaping- and like a good little student, I saved the toe shaping for the next class, and, by 7pm on the 28th (end of class) I had one complete sock, done entirely on 2 circular needles- I'm not ready to start tossing any dpn's, but I am seriously liking this technique. That sock didn't/doesn't count (for SoS2007)... But, early the next day I had one that counted! Yay! The only problem is that even though I have 2 completed socks, alas, I do not have a matching pair, yet...

The completed sock class sock!

On foot...


So I knit on... and on and on and on... and I am in the home stretch on my 2nd SoS sock- my heel is turned and I am knitting across the foot. I had hoped to finish it by today so I could come in at under 2 weeks for my first pair- but no, it's been a rather light knitting week here as I've watched yet another stomach bug move through my children, and then there was the holiday, and now I'm sitting at the computer instead of knitting...

Soon, sock #2, soon!

Happy knitting,

ali

8 Comments:

Blogger Traci said...

Yay for you!
that is a bummer the sock class socks don't count :(
at least yer off to a great start on the second pair. what a great colorway!
:)

7/06/2007 5:27 PM  
Blogger psalm127 said...

Great Job. Love the color on your next sock. Sorry to hear your little ones are getting the stomach bug. Take care Laura

7/06/2007 7:33 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Love that Trekking!! Your socks look great!

7/06/2007 10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! You're already way ahead of me and I started on the 21st. Are these your first ever socks?

7/07/2007 3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks look great. Love the color of that trekking!

7/07/2007 7:02 PM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Nice work! Sadly I have 3 socks suffering from SSS.

7/10/2007 1:27 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

The socks look great! One of the reasons I like the SOS KAL is how low stress it is. There aren't any requirements except those you put on yourself. I keep telling myself this anyway, given that I'm now up to four pairs started for SOS and not a single pair finished. Sigh. Anywhoo, I'm glad you're enjoying the sock class. You look very cute in your summer hat. I hope the kids feel better!

7/11/2007 11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job! I'm envious, I don't think I'm ready for socks yet. btw, where are you in MN? I live up north like between Brainerd and Bemidji are you down south? I was wondering because the classes sound like fun as well as your LYS sonds like a place I'd like to visit! The nearest one I know of is ablout 30 miles away. I'm always on the lookout of new places to go be it any direction. Each place has their own uniqueness y'know? Thanks!! :)

7/30/2007 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails