Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Learning to Knit- At Any Age!

Wow! I'm loving the responses to the current contest! If you haven't taken the time yet, do try to steal a few moments of blogtime to read through some of the comments where knitters from far and wide tell when they learned to knit. It's a quaint way to get to know one another just a little bit better- as far as our common knitterly interests are concerned anyway.

Some of you learned to knit at a pretty young age (some even learned in school- wish my school had taught that!) Some of you learned to knit in your empty nest years (just in time to knit for grandbabies!) And so many more of you learned to knit somewhere in between...

Keep the responses coming in- they are so fun to read! I haven't had time to respond to too many of the comments, but I have stopped by several new (to me) and enjoyable blogs, and I would encourage you all to do the same. This is such a great community and I'm loving being a part of it, I hope you are too!
Happy knitting-
ali

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing all the people who learned when they were kids! My mom tried to teach me when I was around 9 or 10, but I wasn't coordinated enough or something. I was able to crochet a bit, but she got me into cross stitch for a little while. yeesh! Unicorns and stuff. hehe

7/11/2007 3:15 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

I wish they'd taught knitting in my school, too. I bet I would have felt more friendly towards math if I'd know about it's applications in knitting.

7/11/2007 11:33 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Fun contest, Ali!

7/15/2007 11:39 PM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

What's going on with the "test" pages. Are there gremlins playing havoc with you?

7/16/2007 10:00 AM  
Blogger Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

I learned to knit 4 years ago....I H.A.T.E. that I didn't learn to knit as a teenager!!!

Great contest idea!!!

7/27/2007 12:40 PM  
Blogger Fiber Chic said...

This is a cool contest!

7/28/2007 4:07 PM  
Blogger Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

As much as I wanted to learn in my 20's....I was in my early 40's when I learned...I have been knitting for about 4 years now and LOVE it!!! I hear about this great contest from The Blonde Knitter!

8/07/2007 9:37 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Ali...Ali, where are you? I hope you're having fun, where ever you are. :)

8/21/2007 3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails