Thursday, November 29, 2007

Husband's Sweater- Day 2/Skein 2

Despite having an off day, (neck problems and the headache that usually accompanies...) I somehow managed to finish off the 2nd of my 11 skeins today. It didn't take too loong for me to realize the one drawback to my 'in the round modification'- that would be how heavy this sweater is quickly getting to be. Think of the warmth, think of the warmth, think of the happy husband...

I haven't pulled out a tape measure yet, but it seems I must be about halfway to the armholes, where I will divide and work the front and back seperately. Pretty good progress for a couple of days' worth of 'spare time', if I may say so myself. I've got a lot of other work to get to, real quick-like, tomorrow, so I don't know if I can pull off another entire skein, but then comes Saturday. Saturdays can be real hit-or-miss for me. Sometimes things are so mellow and I can sit and knit all day while supervising kids from the couch, and sometimes there are errands to run, groceries to get, meals to prep, lessons to plan, way too many clothes to wash... and, well, on those days little to no knitting gets done...

In other knitting news, I've been swatching with some bulky for a baby/toddler coat design and I got to playing with funky fringe stitches, and decided my daughter needed a little hat, something like this, and maybe a yet-to-be-knit scarf to go with it...


The tiniest one wasn't too thrilled to have that sitting on her head, but she's gonna have to get used to having something on her head as we are definitely into 'the cold time' here in Minnesota. That, or we could just not leave the house until next April...

Not leaving the house would save us a bit of exposure to some of the nasty bugs that have begun creeping around town. We have been battling colds for 2 solid months here with my littles and I am thinking it's time to get them all drinking some yummy green goodness... I'm hoping that, and some daily smoothies with the results from our adventures with kefir, will boost all of the immune systems around here!

I know this won't help boost any immune systems (quite the opposite...) but, being the cola addict that I am at times (been doing much better at that lately) I had to pick up one of these at a recent run to a local coffee shop. I love to find new pops (sodas, for you non-Minnesotans, and/or anyone who doesn't call a pop a pop) and this one, with it's green tea, peaked my interest.

I still had my morning latte (w/amaretto,) and grabbed one of these to savor later. They call it "Happiness in a bottle", and, well, it was pretty tasty. Cane sugar (vs. high fructose corn syrup) makes a much better pop, seriously, there's a great taste difference. With the 'pick-me-up' from a nice cold bottle of pop, a girl can sit up and knit quite a few more rows!

Well, time to plan for my tomorrow...

Happy knitting-

ali

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Hooray for new types of pop!! Hope everyone feels better soon.

11/30/2007 9:02 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

Great gray for your husband's sweater. I am working on a sweater for my man now, and I like the simplicity.

Hope you start feel better~

12/01/2007 9:36 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

"Pretty good progress"?!? Two skeins in two days is fantastic progress. I completely agree about real sugar making much better soda than HFCS. Sending immunity boost vibes your way.

12/01/2007 11:17 AM  
Blogger Melissa Stover said...

the fact that people can actually knit real sweaters and socks that look like socks blows me away. i think it is so cool. i wish someone would knit me a sweater. what a lucky husband.

12/01/2007 6:27 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

I soooo hear you on the lingering virus front. My little guy has been sick for nearly 2 months now and it is driving me crazy. At his check up last week the ped. said it was just a virus, blah, blah, blah...

12/19/2007 5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails