Friday, August 15, 2008

32 Weeks Down, 8 To Go...

and maybe another week after that... I have been known to go a little 'past due'... sigh...

Anyhoo-32 weeks and I feel like I'm starting to gain the real poundage now, and the achy hips that go with that, but I try not to dwell on it, you know, because I'm such a positive, non-skeptical, looks at life through rose colored glasses type o'gal (pause to let my sister stop choking on her coffee...) I am trying to remember to remind myself (why is it that never works?!) that 'this too, shall pass...'

Major time swallowers and life distractions like forming Team BSA to compete in the Ravelympics have left me with little time to notice such trifling aches and pains. Fun stuff, those Ravelympics. I have 2 FOs to my name, and am nearing completion on 3 more! We'll see what the weekend brings time-wise; there are other things to do too (gasp!) like put up the new bookshelves (yay! for new bookshelves!) clearing the accumulated book mess from non-shelf areas... and planning another week of homeschooling- we're heading back to the beginning and will be comparing and contrasting creation stories from different cultures next week and then it's off to Ancient Egypt, along with some basic reading, writing, and arithmetic... Oh, and did I mention that soccer practice started? Um, yeah, that means I'll be leaving my house with all 6 kids in tow 5 out of 5 weekdays each week from now until the end of October, and yes, the baby is due somewhere in there (Oct. 10th-15th) so it will get interesting...

Here's a sneak peak at my next Ravelympics 2008 project-

and a candid peak at the growing child-

Have a great weekend!
Happy knitting-
ali

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Oh Ali, you look adorable. I always loved being pregnant, even all the aches and pains. Especially by the time I got to #4 because I remembered how REALLY exhausted I would be once the wee one was out in the open.

You always achieve so much in one day, that it quite frankly tires me out.

8/15/2008 11:20 PM  
Blogger Kendra Fletcher said...

Ali, I don't know how you do it! Both the tiny baby belly and all that knitting! I have to say, though, since the Olympics have been on I have knit more this past week than in the last three months combined. Got one sweater blocked in my bedroom and one almost finished on the needles. Yippee!

8/16/2008 3:21 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Ok, LOVE the colors of your next project...sadly I am still on my first!

8/16/2008 12:03 PM  
Blogger Ally Jay said...

That is a perfectly respectable bump. The last few weeks is always the toughest, especially if your super impatient like I am. Loving your projects. Keep up the good work.

8/18/2008 1:15 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

oh no! soccer starting already!!!

you look beautiful! absolutely beautiful!!

8/18/2008 6:00 AM  
Blogger raining sheep said...

That baby hoodie will be wonderful. I love the striping combination of cream and green.

8/19/2008 10:40 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

I can't believe how much you manage to get done. At 16 weeks, I am still exhausted and can barely function at a normal level! You look so cute with your little belly.

8/23/2008 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails