Friday, August 01, 2008

24 Hours all to Myself


Well, okay, myself and my youngest 5 children... Husband and teenager are away on a men's camping shin-dig, so it's pizza and leftover pizza for the troops, a basement camping trip for kid 2, 3, 4, & 5, a quiet room to herself for Little M, and a million and one things on my to-do list...
  • Finish my Loppem- I'm getting close...
  • cut out a couple maternity dresses (to sew!)

  • cut out some jumpers for the girls

  • grab some fabrics to make at least one of these!

  • move the computer desks back to where they were...

  • organize the overflowing book stacks

  • paint a boy's room

  • clean off the bay window clutter station

  • plan next weeks' menu & grocery list

  • plan next weeks' homeschool plans, organize kids' binders

  • buy shelf for storage area in canning kitchen

  • freeze lots of green beans

  • have little'ens make some new artwork to adorn the 'wall of art'

  • finish Ravelympics planning
The new baby thing is starting to sink in. I'm just getting big enough to notice the discomfort. I'm in the home stretch- 10 more weeks (I'm 30 weeks today) or so... though, I have been known to go 2 weeks over, and 2 of my girls came 5 days past their 'due date', and yet I hope, that maybe this once, I could be one of the lucky ones who deliver a week or two early... it could happen...


I had an appt with my midwife today. Our visits are so funny. Any questions? Not really. Does this feel like another big baby? Probably. Where do you hide so much baby?! Well, don't complain, right? Blood pressure's fine (low, as usual), blood sugar's fine (low, as usual- eat more complex carbs, yeah, yeah, yeah...), baby's heart rate's fine. Come back in 2 weeks.


I went ahead and created a Target Baby Registry, as I always seem to have a few people asking "Is there anything you need this time around?" It's funny, but, yep, with baby #7, there are still things we need. The portable crib is breaking (and the pink toile isn't very masculine, or even gender-neutral...) The big crib has completely broken. The handle on the car seat is breaking- not good. And, after 4 girls in a row, and 9 years since a baby boy, we have virtually no baby boy clothes left- most have been gifted or thrifted... So, anyway, we're kinda starting from scratch with quite a few things. I need to start popping into 'Once Upon a Child' every now and then...

I did think to check a clearance rack the other day, and came home with these-

Too cute, can't wait to see those in use!

I should get a baby thing or two on the needles soon... (and start stocking up on diapers...) Get some meals in the freezer, get the pantry stocked, to-do lists printed up (a la flylady's 'control journal') for the rest of the kids in hopes of a smooth transition...


In the meantime, knitting like a mad woman for 17 days during the Ravelympics will help make a couple more weeks fly by...

30 week belly shot

Happy knitting-

ali

9 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Hooray for week 30! You look fantastic:)

8/02/2008 7:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just don't know how you do all you do, Ali! Just reading your list makes me tired, and I only have three kids!!

Enjoy your "time alone!"

8/02/2008 8:15 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

I don't know how you do it all! I have just one and am 12 wks and the fatigue is kicking me in the pants!

8/02/2008 11:44 AM  
Blogger psalm127 said...

Down hill slide. I too go over by a couple of weeks. I hope you don't this time. Love all that you are working on.

8/02/2008 8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am completely amazed at your organizational skills.

8/03/2008 3:43 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

24hrs 'alone' is niiiice...

your Loppem is really coming along! it looks great!

time has sure flown by this year huh? we can hardly wait to meet you new little boy!

:D

8/04/2008 12:06 PM  
Blogger Knittymama said...

Yay for week 30!!! Glad to see I'm not the only pregnant knitter with a crazy long list! :-)And I've only got two kiddos to deal with right now.

8/06/2008 9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you do it all? And where do you hide 30 wks of baby? I had big babies too, and they all went 9 days over, except the twins, who probably would have done if I hadn't demanded they got out at full term.
Good luck with the next few weeks, it's nearly over now.
Great baby vests!

8/07/2008 1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lookin' good little momma! Kudos to you for having some "me" time and getting it all done. You are an inspiration to us "good intentions" mommas who have the list, have the time, but can't seem to focus. ADD? I am not sure, but I know before kids, I never seemed to have it?

The CURE?

Well, I'll knit and think about it, and when I figure it out...I'll let you know!

:)

GO TEAM BSA!!!!!

8/08/2008 7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails